Introduction to e-Waste
All that you need to know
DOMO has been working in the area of safe disposal of E-waste and this move is supported by our global policy, as well the legislation passed by the Ministry of Environment and Forests (MoEF) (called E-waste (Management & Handling) Rules, 2016), which came into effect from 1st Oct 2016.
DOMO Gadgets Pvt. Ltd. will seek shared responsibility and cooperation from customers in reducing the environmental impact of their products and will comply with all the applicable laws related to e-waste management Rules 2016 (as Amended).
How we create awareness for e-Waste
At DOMO Gadgets Pvt. Ltd, we understand that our responsibility doesn’t end at selling you our products. In our Endeavour to ensure a better future, we at DOMO adopt eco-friendly innovations and practices. We are acting responsibly to protect the environment and our “Sustain the Future- Go green” program is an initiative towards leading a more sensible life, and taking an aware step towards conservation and optimization of resources. So, when an Electrical & Electronics product reaches its end-of-life, we take it back, reuse it or dismantle/recycle it. Since Personal Computers, Tablets PC, Laptops and other electronic items contains toxic and hazardous materials, safe disposal of e-waste reduces the environment pollution. The correct disposal of old product will help prevent potential negative consequences for the environment and human health.
Our target clientele base ranges from educational institutions to college and school students and third party vendors to office users. For this reason we conduct seminars and workshops atleast once a year to create awareness about e-Waste and its management. To download a broucher for collecting and recycling of e-Waste, please follow this link: click here to download
A brief of how to handle e-Waste
1. All electrical and electronic products are required to be handed over only to the Authorised Recycler / Collection Centre / Dismantler / Collection Point.
2. Furthermore, these products should be handed over only to authorized Dismantler/Recycler for disposal.
3. Keep the product in isolated area, after it becomes non-functional/un-repairable so as to prevent its accidental breakage.
1. The product should not be opened by the user himself/herself, but only by authorised service personnel.
2. The product is not meant for re-sale to any unauthorized agencies / scrap dealer.
3. Do not keep any replaced spare part(s) from the product in exposed area.
4. Do not store un-used Electrical and Electronic Equipment in your premises.
e-Waste Collection, BuyBack & Channelization
How we collect, store and channelize e-Waste
As part of the e-waste recycling initiative, DOMO Gadgets Pvt. Ltd., through its wide range of support network of over 16000 PIN Codes across India, arranges to pick-up e-Waste from customers doorsteps. DOMO offers a buyback to customers who wish to sell their end of life product and even offers free pickup for products which hold no market value. In this manner, DOMO Gadgets Pvt. Ltd collects, stores and then submits it to the authorized dismantler to dispose e-waste which is collected from all across India.
For further information about e-waste recycling, and our e-waste recycling partner & their process, you may contact us or call on our helpline: 1800 102 3676 . For a list of FedEx locations for self delivery with phone numbers, please click here
To apply for a buyback, please visit this link: http://www.domosupport.com/buyback.php